Sunday, January 14, 2018

On Ringo Lake...Making Progress (slowly!) + Kings Cross prep

I'm making headway on my Quiltville Mystery Quilt, but I'm not quite to the point of showing a big, breakthrough photo.  Lots of sewing is happening, with lots of small pieces and tons of units.

I have all of the orange/coral flying geese and brown flying geese complete and sewn together in pairs and half of the pairs are joined up to the 9 patches (stacked up in the background).


I haven't kept count of the aqua/brown triangles, but I think I'm about halfway done with them? I can't wait to get started on the next step that adds a coral triangle to these and then I can assemble a block!



My big Lutherdale retreat starts in a few days and (crossing fingers) hopefully I will make big progress on this and have something awesome to share when I get back.

Here is an 'action shot' of my sewing room yesterday.  As you can see, I get a lot of help!!


Speaking of retreat... as usual, I have ambitious goals. Before starting the mystery quilt, I decided that King's Cross would be my big, main project to work on while there.  I think I have all the fabrics accumulated (or at least close to all of them). I have the bolt of Pepper Cory-Pepper as the background and a variety of saturated Moda Grunge for the crosses.

 Here is a sampling:


And here are my fabrics (Grunge Dots) for the lighter, more subtle stars.  I'm not sure how I'm going to combine these... Maybe the cream will be star points and the grey as the four patch centers? Not sure yet!



xoxo,
Kristin

ps
Linking up with Bonnie's Mystery Monday Linkup , Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash, Cynthia's Oh Scrap! and Judy's Design Wall Monday

4 comments:

  1. Good luck at your retreat! I am sure you will have a blast and accomplish a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun time at your retreat. You sure have chosen some yummy fabrics to sew with. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mystery units look lovely.

    Have fun at your retreat with those grunge fabrics. Your King's Cross quilt will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Grunge choices. ORL sure takes a lot of units but the quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete