Sunday, January 21, 2018

Finish! Elephant Parade


Every finish is a happy finish and this quilt had been waiting for too long to be turned into a completed piece.  I participated in a quilt along with Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts starting in Spring of 2015. 


I finished the top in December of 2015, but like a fine wine, it needed to age until it was ready for quilting.  I had a friend quilt this on his longarm with a whimsical allover pattern.


I really hoped to have this finished in Q4 of 2017, but there wasn't quite enough time.  Oh well-- It's my first finish of Q1 2018!!! And it is part of my Q1 Finish-A-Long goals.





xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and of course-- Lorna's Let's be Sewcial!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I participated in that QAL as well and just this morning was washing my quilt and thinking it really just might be my favorite! Your yellow background sure makes for a sunny day! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy parade! Love the quilting and the sunny yellow background! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute with the yellow background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting is fabulous! This one was well worth the wait--I am so glad it is a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! on your adorable quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's on my bucket list. I love your version, especially the background colour.

    ReplyDelete