Sunday, January 7, 2018

Finish-A-Long Q1 2018 - My Goals

New Year - Fresh Start - New Goals!!

Q4 of 2017 was pretty good!  I finished 3 quilts from my list and that makes me incredibly happy.  Believe it or not, on New Year's Eve, I was stitching on a binding and hoped to complete it that night.  I had about 2 feet left and was out of steam.  Oh well-- it rolls into the 2018 goals. I'm excited to participate in the Finish-A-Long again.

Here are my 3 finishes:

Charity Chop, Kitchen Sink Scrap and Galaxy of Stars

For Q1 of 2018, I would like to finish the following:

1- Elephant Parade
This is my slam dunk! This is the quilt I was trying to complete the binding on New Year's Eve.  I plan to enter this quilt in the spring to the Sun Praire Quilt Show.



2- Hekla
The top is complete and I'm sending this out to be quilted.  Maybe this can be entered in Quilt Expo this fall?


3- Finding Nemo
This is a panel that I bought at Expo with the plans to donate to Lutherdale's auction. The paneled quilts were very popular!! So, why not?  I added the orange border--it's Moda Grunge Dot, my newest favorite fabric.  I plan to free motion quilt it with fun swirls and outlines.


4- St Nick
Another panel I found at Expo.  This is a kit with borders and it is still in it's packaging.  Maybe I can assemble this at my January Retreat and ask a friend to quilt it? It too, it destined for Lutherdale's Auction.



5- Legendary
I have a plan on quilting this, but it's pretty ambitious for me to find the time in Q1.  Never the less--it's good to have it as a goal!


6- Midnight Star
Now we are entering the very ambitious stage.  The top isn't done. It's been languishing on my design wall.  I want to swap out 2 of the smaller stars and I'm just a wee bit stuck.


If you would like to join the Finish-A-Long fun, head on over to any one of the eight bloggers who host:


xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - Elephant Parade is so cute. Love it in that cheery yellow.

    ReplyDelete