Saturday, January 6, 2018

2017 Year in Review

Time moves fast and I'm always amazed by this.  It doesn't feel like it was very long ago that I summarized 2016 and here we are at the start of 2018.

This year has been amazing in terms of time spent sewing, projects completed and blog posts written!  I credit joining the Finish-A-Long and Sew 15 Minutes September as 2 boosts to my year.  I had a lot of UFO's gathering dust and I am excited to mark them as complete.  Also-- making several baby quilts is a great way to create something from start to finish without dragging on forever.  Three of my completions this year were baby quilts.  Here is a summary of my finishes.  It's fun to look back on them...

Baby Clara's Mint Diamonds

Baby Noelle and Cora's Twin Pink Diamond Quilts

My Lion Quilt 


Project Linus - Bonus baby quilt

XO quilt for my co-worker's newly adopted daughter 

Peacock String Quilt for Lutherdale's auction

Kitchen Sink Scrap Quilt - for Dane County Foster Program

Chop Up Quilt - for Dane County Foster Program

Galaxy of Stars Quilt for Lutherdale's auction

Ten quilts complete this year!!!  All but one are being gifted/donated.  I have ambitous goals for 2018, too.  It will be interesting to see what I can accomplish in the year to come.

Other big highlights of 2017:

Participating in Gudrun Erla's workshop in April.  I didn't get a selfie with her and I'm regretting it.  She was incredibly motivating and I want to make tons of her quilts.  Here is the block I made during the workshop for my Hekla Quilt.


Participating in making a Gala Quilt for the Lutherdale Auction.

Having my itty-bitty, humble Strawberry Quilt fetch $1,000 at the Lutherdale Auction (with matching funds from Thrivent)


Spending the day with my new besty, Mary Fons!!! I ❤ her!!!

Exhibiting my Lion Quilt at Expo!!

Meeting Tula Pink!!!  She is absolutely amazing!

Participating in my first ever Quiltville Mystery 

And in very sad happenings, losing Nancy Zieman.  She was such a force in the quilting community, but especially here in Madison.  I met her several times and she was always sweet and gracious.  

Here's to another wonderful quilty year full of creating, celebrating and spending time with others.  This was my 'most used words on Facebook' collage.  It's a great little summary of my year!


xoxo,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment