Monday, January 1, 2018

On Ringo Lake - So many clues!!

With the holidays, I've been falling behind a bit with the Quiltville Mystery Quilt. But let's be honest-- there is a lot of sewing to do each week!! It's hard to keep up period!  I was plugging away in the days before and after Christmas on Clue #3.  It was a lot of units!


I'm happy to announce that I've got them all complete--Woooot!  Time to focus on the other clues!


Clue #5 is the same as Clue #2-- oodles of small flying geese, this time in brown, not coral.  I couldn't bear the thought of drawing hundreds of lines corner to corner...again.  So I splurged on Bonnie's ruler, The Essential Triangle Tool.  I was a little bit intimidated and wasn't looking forward to having bias edges.  But as I have been using it, I'm becoming more and more comfortable with it.  The cutting is a little slower on the front end, but boy-oh-boy is it faster on the back end!  No trimming!  And much less waste.  Look at the pile of trimmings in the above picture!  It adds up!



Here are a few of my Clue #4 units. With their funny shape, you see why I was hesitant to use this ruler?



And Clue #6-- the brown flying geese from Clue #4 joined up with the original ones. Super cute!


Bonnie was releasing the clues "Rapidfire", one per day! But today she revealed the final setting.  I can't wait to see how my quilt will look!

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Mondays and Lorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the shades of melon you've chosen. I'm on the "assembling the blocks" clue (#8 I think). It's going to take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress. Soon you will be assembling blocks.

    Happy New Year and thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete