Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sew much going on!

Fall is here in calendar only.  We are having record hot temperatures in Wisconsin (90°!!).  Regardless of the weather, my internal quilt cycle is telling me to sew, sew, sew.  And sew, I am!

Friday night I hosted the first of (hopefully) many Late Night Sew Parties at Blue Bar Quilts.  I thought it would be fun to have a get together in Blue Bar's fabulous classroom and Gael (owner) agreed.  There were close to 20 of us having a great time until MIDNIGHT! (way past my bedtime!).  Incredibly, I didn't take any photos! Time moved quickly and I will for sure get pics at the next one.  We had pizza and snacks and door prizes and like I said earlier, FUN!  I worked on the outer border of my Hekla Quilt and they are ready to be attached to the center.

I've still been sewing 15 minutes a day in September for National Sewing Month.  I've only missed 2 days due to work + tennis and one day while at Quilt Expo.  I set a timer for 15 minutes and almost always end up staying after it goes off.  Just like going to the gym, crossing the doorway is the biggest step.  My Galaxy of Stars is thanking me!  The top is almost done!


Tomorrow night I'll be at the Mad City Quilt Guild's evening meeting, where Maday Delgado is speaking about her quilting journey.  Should be fun!

I'll finish up this post with another entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  If you haven't been over to see all of the amazing quilts people have shared, go now!!

My second entry to the festival is the pink and purple XO quilt that I gifted to a co-worker's daughter this summer.  This quilt aged for quite a while as a UFO and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  The pinks and purples were fun to combine and the best part about it?  After I gifted, I got the most adorable picture of it's new owner (5 yr old girl) wrapped in it with the world's biggest grin!!  For me, that is what quilting is about!  I love it! 💖



xoxo,
Kristin

ps
Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday , Lorna's Let's be Sewcial and Blogger's Quilt Festival 

6 comments:

  1. I believe this is a quilt that one little 5 year old will be able to love for a lifetime. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun happy quilt. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that the best thing about quilting is knowing that your gift is loved, cherished and used. The dark pinks and purples in a simple design make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing how much sewing one can really do in 15 minutes, especially if everything is cut and ready to go! The galaxy is looking mighty bright:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these quilts! The stars are front and center with the light background and the XO quilt is perfectly bright!

    ReplyDelete