Friday, September 22, 2017

Finish! Rainbow String - Peacock Quilt

Happy finish news to report!  I am done with a long time UFO--Hooray!!!

While working on this quilt, I called it the Rainbow String Blocks.  Even though it isn't really a rainbow, because there are only cool colors in it.  While working on the binding, my friend said, "that looks like a peacock!"  I love it!!!  There is a peacock feel to it.  So, now that it is complete, I'll change the name to the Peacock Quilt.


This was an attempt to use up scraps and really, I didn't make a dent.  If anything, I took on other people's scraps in order to have more variety!! =O

In the beginning:








This quilt was part of my goals for Finish-A-Long Q3 and I made it in before the deadline.  Woo-hoo!

Also, it is the time of the year for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  I haven't ever participated before, but this year I am!  Visit Amy's Creative Side to find out all the details and view many, many gorgeous quilts.  They are randomly drawing names for prizes (as opposed to having people vote in the past).  I think it is a great idea, because everyone who takes part is on a level field, even if you are a 'small blogger', like me!  😊

I'll leave you with one more pic of my quilt and my little helper, Fannie.  She was being extra cute while I was taking pictures!  ❤

xoxo,
Kristin

ps

9 comments:

  1. Your peacock quilt is GORGEOUS! I love the color blend, all those blues, greens, and purples. That's not easy to pull off when you're working from scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this quilt! It is so beautiful! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely. How wonderful that a simple string quilt can have such an amazing look. Your selection of fabrics and placement of blocks has made it work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cool colors. So very pretty! Peacock Quilt is a good name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!! I think the Peacock Quilt is a great name for it. The color combination is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your string quilt!! It's made in one of my favorite color combinations. If you get tired of it, you can send it my way! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorites....i love string quilts and scrappy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dynamic and colourful. I like the combination of colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm partial to greens and blues, throw in some purples and you have a winner!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete