Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sew 15 Minutes - in September

A local friend invited others to join her in finding a minimum of 15 minutes to sew per day in September.  Why not?  I'm giving it a whirl.  It might be just the motivation I need to move my projects along.  Those blocks aren't gonna sew themselves!

I'm going to attempt to add a picture to instagram each day, but there may be days where the 15 minutes aren't too interesting or different from another day.  We shall see.  You can find me as @kristingumdrop on Instagram.

Day 1- I kicked off with adding binding to my rainbow strings quilt.  I want to finish this for Q3 of Finish-A-Long, so I need to get crack-a-lackin'.




Day 2: I set a timer for 15 minutes and when that finished, promptly sewed for an additional 2 hours!  It was lovely!  I had several chores to do, but I let them all fall by the wayside.

I need to get this Wonky Star quilt together.  It has been patiently waiting for progress while pinned to the design wall.  It is amazing what you can accomplish in 15 minutes!

Exciting news-- I was able to apply the partial seam lesson from Mary Fons to this project! Check out the before and after pictures.  This improv setting is going to be possible thanks to partial seams!  So cool!!


Day 3: Hand sewing binding on the string block quilt. (no pictures)

Hopefully I can keep this momentum going all month!

xoxo
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Sewing for 15 minutes a day does sound doable. I would do exactly like you and continue on with chores falling by the wayside. Lol. However, I should try for 15 min. It appears that you are sewing on a vintage featherweight (FW) with an original FW table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should take a page out of your book! I actually have made lists of 15 minute jobs but most of them are really boring, like organizing scraps or sorting stash. Stitching sounds a lot more fun. Beautiful improv stars.

    ReplyDelete