Thursday, September 11, 2008

Quilt Expo - Day 2: My Spoils


Here is a pic of what I got today at the Quilt Expo. Several fat quarters. Some are for the funky baby quilt I'm making for my friend Jessica (lower right corner). Some are lime green Christmas fabric. I've got a few other FQ's in those colors and love them, but I don't have a plan for them-- yet! Inspiration will strike someday, but I know that I like that style today. =) Also in my shopping bag were a small William Morris notebook, a 12" add-a-quarter ruler, a yd of lime green dragonfly fabric, 1/2 yd of soft black for my BOM and this really big carabiner. It's designed to hold shopping bags or clip your purse to things. It has a spongy grip and worked great today. One use for it is to carry plastic shopping bags comfortably, but it can be used with anything (water bottle, purse, canvas bags, etc.)



This is a shot of the action as seen from my post at the Main Stage. I volunteered as an assistant there from 11.30 to 3. It was fun. Lots of things kept me on my toes (sound system troubles, a presenter was running late, figuring out the camera/projecter), so the time went relatively quickly. It was a good spot to be at, because I saw several people that I knew.

I'll be back on Saturday. The pace is nice this year. I can relax and take everything in slowly. In past years, it was much more frantic, trying to fit everything in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment