Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Addiction!

This week I started on a baby quilt for my friend Jessica. They are having their first child (a girl) in December. I had bought a half yard of fun big polka dots on a brown background last spring at the Sun Prairie quilt show. When I started to brainstorm about what to make for Jessica, I thought this fabric matched her sense of style. It's bold and funky and a little bit mod/retro. When I asked her what colors or themes she was going to use in the baby's room, she said "no real theme" and mentioned some colors. I knew this fabric was right in line with what she was talking about and showed it to her. She agreed and the next step was a pattern.


Earlier I posted about the book Glorious Patchwork by Kaffe Fassett and how I was "gathering" fabrics at the Quilt Expo. Here is the book and my collection of fabrics that I'm going to use:




I started this week on the blocks and have found it EXTREMELY difficult to stop. They are super addictive. I've found myself saying, "I'll stop after this one. Just one more. One more piece." and on and on.

So far, I'm 25% done with the blocks and am have tons of fun doing them.





1 comment:

  1. That quilt is going to be gorgeous. I've seen that pattern and have wanted to try it.

    ReplyDelete