Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quilt Expo - Day 1

Today I volunteered to help set up at Quilt Expo. It was totally fun! Work started at 7 am (I managed to get there close to 7-- very early for me!). There were about 15-20 volunteers and our job was to hang the quilts that were entered in the contest. This was a fantastic job, because we got to handle and admire the quilts up close. Normally I get de-sensitized to quilts hanging in quilt shows. Everything is amazing and after a while, I fall into sensory overload. But while hanging, we were distracted by the job at hand and it slowed me down enough to be able to appreciate all the wonderful quilts.

Unfortunately, I left my camera in the car. I wasn't sure if I would be doing a job that it would get in the way and I figured that I could always run out to get it. But then when you are in the middle of something, the parking lot seems too far away. Tomorrow I'll definitely take pictures. I'm volunteering at the "Main Stage" from 11-2.30 and it should be a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment