Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Glorious Patchwork


My order from Amazon.com arrived today (one day early!) that included Glorious Patchwork by Kaffe Fassett. I was eagerly anticipating this book and came across it by accident. While in a bathroom at a local quilt shop, I snapped a photo of a quilt on a poster. It was a whimsical pattern that might work for a baby quilt that I'm planning for a friend. In the photo, there was enough text that I could google and figure out the pattern name and designer. This book was originally published in 1997, and Amazon was selling the hardcover edition at a clearance price of $13! Hurrah!

I have gathered some fun, bright, funky fabrics to use for this quilt, but I'm planning on doing more gathering at the Wisconsin Quilt Expo next week. Last night I signed up to be a volunteer. I'll be helping set up on Wednesday and work as a stage assistant on Thursday. I also plan on attending Saturday with my mom, her friends and a friend from work. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment