Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Hello 2019!!

Happy New Year!

Winter is in full swing in Madison as of New Year's Eve.  We had a pretty good snow storm for most of yesterday afternoon and evening.  It coated the trees with a beautiful heavy, wet snow.




I wish I could be in my sewing room and enjoy the calm outside the windows, but alas, today is my holiday to work. I can at least fit some blogging in during my downtime!

Recently, I've picked back up something I started 1 year ago.  I'm calling it Black X-String --> for now.  This is the 'group project' I'm leading with my Lutherdale January Quilters.  We meet for 5 days every January and work on our own projects.  Two years ago, I thought-- why don't we do something together that we can donate to their August Auction?  Lutherdale gives so much to us, why not give back?  This pattern has always intrigued me, so I roped in all my fellow sewists to help out.  We had about 50 (?) blocks at the end of retreat.  I've sewn about another 15-ish.  The plan is to make it 8 x 10 and have it quilted before this year's retreat... in 15 days!!  Can I do it?  I sure hope so!



Also under my needle this week is my Scrap Happy Sampler.  I wanted to finish the top by today and I got mighty close.  I worked on it at Late Night Sew Night at Blue Bar Quilts and finished my troublesome spinny square block.  It now fits into the spot to which it belongs.  It needed 4 extra rings, so I'm calling this block "So Extra".  


The borders are ready to go on.  I did one at Late Night and decided this would be easier to do with my set in table.  Less wrestling and more support under the weight of the top.  I'm so close!! Can't wait!


And now for the big winner of my first ever give away......drum roll please....AMY!  Amy is a friend from Mad Mod Quilt Guild and a co-hostess with the mostest of Late Night Sew Night.  I did a bit of 'promoting' of my blog at this month's get together.  Here is the grand prize:


And look at my cool new letter board thingy!  What fun! Santa brought it  (and by Santa, I mean I picked it up at TJ Maxx while shopping)  😜

One last thing to share before signing off... I made another pincushion with Amanda Jean/Crazy Mom Quilt's pattern.  She is 'retiring' from her blog and the pattern writing business.  Her style really inspired me and I made all kinds of projects based off her patterns and tutorials.  I will miss her beautiful creations.  


xoxo,
Kristin

ps
Linking up with: Oh Scrap! and Let's Bee Sewcial

5 comments:

  1. Both of those bright scrappy quilts are amazing. I love that spiral block. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thank you!!!! You are the bestest! I am so lucky to call you friend💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black x-string quilt looks amazing! I really appreciate that you encourage all of us January quilters to support Lutherdale through a fun quilt project. XO!
    Your Scrap Happy quilt is fabulous! I love the way you finished your spinny square block. Problem solved in an awesome way.
    Congratulations on 200 blog posts. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spinny square block is SO cool! It must have taken some time to piece that complicated piece. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete