Sunday, December 3, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue #2

Clue #2 of On Ringo Lake, this year's Quiltville Mystery was released a few days ago and it is a tremendous amount of flying geese.


The first thought I had was that I did a big quilt of only flying geese a few years ago and it took me forever...how will I completed a million of them just for this step??  Well-- they are going together pretty quickly and I've got about 1/3 complete and all of the parts are cut out.  I know that it's not a race, but I'm trying to keep up each week.  Both this week and last week, I spent quite a bit of time starching my fabrics.  For the rest of the clues, I should be able to dive right in and cut and sew right away.  Woot!

Scrap quilts are tedious to cut out, good thing I had some help!

I can't wait to see what this pattern will look like.

xoxo,
Kristin

7 comments:

  1. Love the Orange and gray combination. You have made a great start. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I foresee feline induced mayhem. I too like the start of your mystery. claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic! I love all of the variety in your goose colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty cat - oh and the fabric is nice too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabric choice and your helper! I just love it when quilters include their cats in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its going to be amazing! Love the flying geese and your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooo!!!! Your geese are Beautiful! I really, really love your fabrics. You're so right about how time consuming it is to cut out a scrappy quilt. It does yield a gorgeous effect, though.

    ReplyDelete