Sunday, November 5, 2017

Binding Binge

When you quilt up three tops in short order, it means there is a lot of binding in your future!  I spent most of yesterday cutting, piecing and attaching binding to the 2 charity chop quilts.  I really don't enjoy how fussy it is to make a scrappy binding, yet I seem to do it all.the.time.  =O


Finn decided to 'help' me with all of this work!  Oh my!!   I managed to finish the machine portion on these 2 quilts and have the binding cut and assembled for Galaxy of Stars.



I did manage to do a teeny-tiny bit of other sewing, too. Two more blocks for Mad Mod's Block Lotto.  This brings my total to 4.




And-- a LOVELY package arrived from Thousands of Bolts!  I decided that I am going to participate in Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery Quilt!  Woooot!  Her name is 'On Ringo Lake'.  I might pick another name, but for now that will do.  The colors sounded really appealing (aqua, coral, chocolate) and I'm in a pretty good place with my other projects--  why not?!?!? =)





I need more neutrals, so I poked around online.  The aquas are so enticing! I got a few more browns, should have picked out more corals and managed to throw in a few other 'extra' fabrics to the order.  Bonnie's Facebook Open Studio Page has a lot of activity about the mystery quilt and many people are sharing their fabric pulls.  I'm tempted to use cool greys instead of creams.  The first clue doesn't come out until Black Friday, so I've got some time to decide.

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash and Judy's Design Wall Mondays and Lorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Finn sure is curious, so sweet. I'm not tempted by the BH mystery, despite the great colors. I had to drop out last year. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a scrappy binding! The browns almost look like they're glowing, they will make a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got the "don't wanna do" part of finishing off those quilts done. That's always a good feeling. My neutral is gray, but since I sew from stash, I went a completely different route with the color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin,
    Oooooh, all those new fabrics . . . just waiting to be cut into. Don't you just LOVE that?! Love all the ones you shared but especially the first picture - yum. And Finn! Adorbs and watch that little paw buddy - we don't want you to get hurt. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finn sure is a cutie! Great photos! Your quilts have great color and I love that scrappy binding. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling helper you have! Love those mad mod blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty fabrics for the mystery!
    Love that photo of your furry assistant "helping" with the binding.... I would frame that photo and put it up in your quilting room!

    ReplyDelete