Sunday, January 5, 2014

Quiet Saturday

Sew Happy to be Quilting!

I enjoy using this mug for my morning coffee on the weekends, especially when I get putter about in my sewing room. I didn't accomplish a lot yesterday, but I made a little progress several things. Including some work on my blog format.  It took forever,  but I managed (with a lot of help from Heather) to get the Instagram and Pinterest buttons set up on my sidebar.

While on retreat (in less than 2 weeks!!!), I want to work on my Cartwheel quilt. It's been a while since I have touched it, so I thought I would get reaquainted. After making one block, I had an idea of how to cut some of the fabric in order to have less waste. That prompted me to test the method-- I had to start another block.  So far, it is working out great!

 

The little mini I started in December to decorate my cube has been taking up space on my ironing board. I finished up the top --baby steps! Maybe I'll quilt it at retreat? 


Late in the day, I got it in my head that I should start a new project. Now! What was I thinking? Inspiration doesn't wait for anyone! Bonnie Hunter shared this pincushion on FB yesterday and I thought it would be a good place to use some of my Jeni Baker Nordika that I bought last year. 

 
All in all a nice Saturday!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Blogs can be time consuming! I am glad you had help. I am trying to figure out how to keep a list of all my finishes for 2014. I experimented today and was still not satisfied. I will have to bribe my teenager to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects look like delightful - especially that Nordika. Our guild had a retreat in November, and I loved it. Staying up late sewing with new friends made me feel like a teenager for some reason. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all-matchy buttons like yours for my social media stuff, but I haven't figured out how to do it! I love how a lot of people have their own custom ones. Is it hard?

    ReplyDelete