Friday, January 3, 2014

Crafty Goals for 2014

Frequently I write 'To Do' lists to help me keep on task with what needs to be done.  Does it help? Probably not, but it does feel good to be able to check things off!  I'll take a stab at a 2014 crafty 'to do' list:

Quilting:

Finish making scrappy boxes



I've got a good rainbow going, but there is a yellow slab that is ready to be constructed into a box and I still want to make a red, brown, black and grey box.  Whew.  This list isn't starting out well...

Finish Sylvie's Quilt.



I wanted to have it done for her for Christmas but it wasn't meant to be.  Hopefully I can have the top done at my retreat?

Quilt my bed quilt


I'm stuck with this top.  I want it to be quilted very well and that has me frozen.  I don't want to disappoint myself!  I know, I know...just dive in and quilt it so I can use it.

Quilt my civil war-ish top

Hmmmm.  I can't find a picture of it...
I'm dying to do beautiful flowing feathers and I have another case of fear of messing it up.  I wish I could quilt frequently, so I would have more confidence (and practice!)

You know, basically I want to quilt anything that I have completed as a top!

Star BomB


Mariner's Compass wallhanging


Finish piecing and then quilt:


  • Catvent 
  • Cartwheels
  • Modern Illustrated top 
  • Asterisks


Re-Discover my Dear Jane


Knitting

Much simpler!  I want to finish the world's cutest baby tank and then make a small dent in my yarn stash, so I can justify adding any new luscious yarn.  I'm out of storage space right now!


I'm sure there are other things that I'll be inspired by this year and will be distracted...excited to work on!  If I could complete this list I would be incredibly satisfied.  =)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin, The large star is gorgeous! May I ask you where you found the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryse-- The large star quilt is a carpenter's star and I'm planning on adding another ring of partial stars around it. I haven't really been using a pattern, I just drafted out 1/2 square triangles. Judy at Patchwork Times has a pattern on her site: http://www.patchworktimes.com/patterns/
    The star sampler quilt on my goal list was a BOM she led in 2009. It's been a UFO for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... you have a lot of fantastic projects on the go... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand your fear of machine quilting and it not living up to your expectations. I have started using a long arm and I totally put it off when really what I need to do is practice! practice! practice! I am visiting from Lily's Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting from Lily's Quilts, too! I really like that compass. I'm just getting comfortable with paper piecing - I'm assuming that's how you did it? It's lovely! Your bed quilt looks amazing, too - good luck with the quilting; I'm excited to check back and see how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete