Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shamtastic!

There was one more project that I worked on last week-- Shams for my "Pinwheel Quilt". I've been dragging my feet with these little sham tops for a few months now. I started them once and thought they were done, but they weren't the ideal dimensions. All that matters is they are done now! Hurrah! One less project on my unfinished list!







This quilt is going to my friend, Kathy, who has a bedroom that's painted Granny Smith Apple green. The room is bright and sunny and will be a perfect home the pinwheels. Hopefully I will be able to quilt it this winter. We (Kathy and I) have been browsing wide backing fabrics and haven't found anything that seems to work. The backing fabrics are usually conservative and traditional looking and the pinwheels needs something whimsical.

No comments:

Post a Comment