Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Ho, ho, ho! Santa brought me a stitch regulator for my mom's longarm machine. Funny how that works, huh?

It's quite nice. I got to use it today on Mr. Bunny, a small wallhanging that I had ready to quilt. My stitches wouldn't have been nearly as nice without the new gadget.


Here is a close up of the clouds:


Mr. Bunny Goes to Town is the full name of the piece and it is my first real attempt at hand applique. Now that the quilting is done, he just needs some buttons for his wheels, one for his eye, a binding and he's done!

Mr. Bunny went so fast, that I thought I would start another project, plus I wanted to use the stitch regulator more, so I loaded a baby quilt that has been around forever. Not just any baby quilt, but the second top that I have ever made! I've been procrastinating finishing it and it's day has come. I call it Birdy Nine Patch. Not too original. I'm having issues with thread choice and stencil application, but I don't want to dwell on those right now. Suffice to say that a yellow varigated thread is tooooo subtle (read: nearly invisible). I'm now using red!


Do you like my feets in that picture? Now guess which block has the yellow thread.

Tomorrow I hope to finish Birdy Nine Patch and move on to quilting the tote bag that I started last week (more details of the bag in a future post?)
I hope Santa has been good to you and that you have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment