Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Quilt for Baby William!

Lisa is a longtime tennis friend and she had her first child last fall.  She played throughout her pregnancy-- all summer and part of the fall league!

I took part in a workshop held by the Mad City Quilt Guild on making a "Twirling Star" block.  This pattern is designed by one of our members, Mary Joy Johnson.  I was a little intimidated, because it involved a lot of bias edges.  But I starched the living daylights out of the fabric and we got along just fine. =)

It's a happy coincidence that I was able to make this a baby sized quilt and gift it to Lisa.  Also-- I used the Michael Miller challenge fabric from the Modern Quilt Guild.  I didn't get the quilt done in time for the challenge, but it was still fun using that fabric.

Here we are at our workshop (I'm in the black shirt):


The quilt in progress (I love my Featherweight!!):
 Auditioning borders:

Ta-daa!!
 And Baby William!!!  He's adorable!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! William is adorable! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous quilt! Great choice of borders!

    ReplyDelete