Tuesday, April 7, 2015

More catch up... Charity Quilts

In other quilty news from the last year...

I finished a wheelchair quilt for Attic Angels.  This quilt was made using my tumbler die from my AccuQuilt Go Baby! and lots of greens that I was tired of owning.  I think this will make somebody happy, especially because of the subtle nod to the Green Bay Packers with the 2 gold blocks. =P

I resumed another charity quilt that had been hibernating.  One day (years ago), I decided to take the fabrics that I was not interested in having in my stash any longer and make large nine patches out of them, with the intent of cutting them into a disappearing nine patch.  The nine-patches were sewn up and then went into a box to age.  This January, I pulled them out and cut them on the diagonal.  My plan was to make 3 quilts out of the blocks and use sashing.  But everybody that looked at the new blocks on the design wall said to "PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER" (they were shouting at me!).  The top is complete and I would like to add some bright borders (pink? purple? who knows!).  But I do know that I've gotten distracted and this is on the back burner again.

I had another long time UFO charity project that I completed.  I should call this quilt 'Christmas Miracle!'.  It's been in the works for ages!  The red and white squares were given to me when I was volunteering at the American Family Children's Hospital.  At one point (before my time there), volunteers worked with the kids to hand sew these little squares together.  They completed one quilt and these were the leftovers.  I supplemented them a bit and found the perfect complementary fabric in my stash.  It feels great to have this finished and ready to be gifted to somebody in need.


No comments:

Post a Comment