Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Quilt for Baby Paul!

Last year, two of my tennis teammates were pregnant.  They were both troopers over the summer and played while their bellies grew.  What's a quilter to do, but make each of them a quilt!

This is for Baby Paul, Sara's son.  She and I partnered in 3.0 doubles for nearly the entire summer.  He was born in December and I'm dying to deliver this to them.



I started it at a retreat in November and managed to get all of the blocks complete that weekend.  The top came together quickly and I was able to quilt it over Christmas.  Even the binding went on quick (not like me!).  The label took a bit of time to make, but it is really pretty and well worth the wait.  I splurged on the backing-- minkee!  It's really lush and now I want to make a couch quilt for me using it!



I bought a ton of new fabric to make this (a hardship, I know!).  And I'm happy to have leftover gray fabric in my stash.  In fact, it's what I'm using for the Elephant Parade!!

Next I'll post about the other tennis baby quilt!

1 comment: