Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - 2014!

My 2013 New Year's Resolution was to resume blogging.  I didn't succeed. =(  But today is a new year and a new start!  I've done so many crafty things and they aren't being chronicled.  Perhaps I will re-visit some of the things I have done in my blogging gap?  But for now I'll dive in with my current projects.

Last night I finished the December/January Block Lotto block for the Madison Modern Quilt Guild.  After sharing it on Facebook this morning, I realized I put the quadrants together wrong.  Ooops.



I spent much of December working on Elizabeth Hartman's Catvent quilt along. 
Here are my 25 cat blocks.  I hope to finish the top at my winter retreat.


Another December project was putting together some orphan squares I was gifted years ago into a top.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!  Now to quilt it up and (probably?) give it to charity.

The last thing I will share today is a little something I thought I could whip together to decorate my cube for Christmas.  I got stuck deciding how to border it.  I love the tree fabric, but the black holiday fabric seems to go better.  Do a use a skinny black border (1/2"?) and then a 2" trees?  Or just use 2" of the black and put the trees on the back?  I can't decide!!



Welcome back to blogging to me!  =)

Happy 2014!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment