Monday, January 13, 2014

A modern day in Cedarburg


Yesterday, The Wisconsin Quilt Museum in Cedarburg hosted an event called "A Menu of Modern". It was a lecture, trunk show and panel discussion by 4 area modern quilters:

The first to present were Lee and Faith.  They co-wrote a new book, Vintage Quilt Revival.  They showed many quilts from the book (and then some!).  I really liked how they discussed elements of design and when to break the rules. 



Next up was Madison's own Jeni!  She was bubbly and energetic and everybody loved her.


Last to speak was Jacquie and she blew us all away.  Her talk was from the heart and we all were moved with the stories of her experiences. In March, I'm signed up for a workshop with her and I can't wait!!

I like how this next photo shows Jacquie's energy!

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite quilts from the exhibit:






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment