Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Star BOM #2
Block #2 was a little trickier than #1. I chalk that up to the mitering. I toyed with putting the middle section on with the regular border method, but this is a good opportunity for me to push myself to do things I normally wouldn't. My mitering turned out ok, but there is room for improvement.
Other than that, the rest of it was easy. I'm using a new tool that I received from Quiltmaker Magazine. It's a Marti Michell triangle corner thingy and I think it made all the difference in the world. I used it on block #1, but I didn't get the hang of it until I was halfway through it. It's definitely something I will keep using.
I love, love, love the swirly orange that I used for the large star points. I've owned it for a few years and never felt like I had something that was worth cutting into.
Tomorrow I hope to shop for a few more smoky blacks. Those are hard to find and I know that I don't have enough yardage from my stash.