Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sewing Trend...

My summer sewing sabbatical has officially come to an end this past week. I started off by cleaning up my sewing room. It had turned into the pit of dispair over the summer. It's not perfect right now, but at least it's functional again.

With the room clean, I used Judy's Star Block of the Month to motivate me to get stitching. After picking my color scheme/fabrics and sewing the first 2 blocks, I was ready to start some other new things and hopefully get going on some other things that need finishing.
Last Wednesday was the monthly meeting of the UFO Club at Millhouse Quilts in Waunakee. I registered my new stars as a UFO. Unfortunately I wasn't able to check anything off as completed, even though I have 2 projects done, they are out of town. They are changing the rules and adding another gift card drawing. Before, they would draw a name from the jar of completed projects in June, but now it will be December and June. I need to get those 2 projects here! This is a photo of some of the members:

The highlight of the morning was the homemade raspberry almond bars. Yummy!

Thursday I was at the American Family Children's Hospital to volunteer. A small group of us from Mad City Quilters sew with the children twice a month. This week was a little frantic. I was late and 2 women weren't able to come and a 4th had to leave early. The activity coordinators made it easy on us and only brought a few kids to the room. In this picture, Beth, Debbie and I wore red, white and blue on the Fourth of July and WE DIDN'T PLAN IT!
Early this week, I should have been working on the pink/brown baby quilt for Baby Emilie (who is 3+ months old), but instead, I diddled with my scraps and made these things:
The first picture is 4 Heartstring blocks. The second two pictures are from a pattern I picked up last spring at the big Chicago quilt expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment