Saturday, August 30, 2008

Disappearing Nine-Patch

I'm back in the swing of things sewing-wise. After goofing around with the string blocks, crumbs and paper-pieced little girls, I settled down to the most important project at hand. A baby quilt for a my friend's baby that's close to 4 months old. I started this in January, with plenty of time to finish it prior to her due date. I even picked a simple pattern that I could "whip together quickly" (Disappearing Nine-Patch). Well, other projects took precedence and then summer got underway and the poor quilt has been neglected.



This week I finished enough blocks to make it 50 x 60 inches. I'm not sure if I'm going to put a border on it. I'll definitely add sashing to the 2 edges (top and right in this picture), so it looks balanced. I like the simplicity of the pattern without borders and it's definitely big enough, but I worry that it will be too stretchy with all of those seams on the sides. Maybe I'll do a narrow (1"-2") light pink? just to stabilize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment