Sunday, March 10, 2019

Milestones!

Lots of sewing has been happening recently, but not a lot of blogging.  I've been the little train that could and have been chugging along on many of my WIPs.  And I've actually finished binding some of my quilts that have been hanging on for too long--Imagine that!  I don't have 'final' photos yet, because the weather has been rather brutal lately and it is not conducive to outdoor photos.  Lots and lots of snow and wind and ice and subzero temperatures. Fannie is loving the snow, I'm ready for warmer weather!!  Hopefully I will be able to share these finishes soon.



On to my milestones-- I've finished 2 tops recently and that feels great!!  First up is my Scrap Happy Sampler.

This top is a doozy!  And those borders....wow.  I'm very pleased with how the quilt turned out, but I'm also very pleased to be done with it!!  😋  Next up: quilting, binding and displaying at Blue Bar Quilts!  Wooot! It will be cool to see my quilt hanging in the gallery area with the quilts from my sew-a-long group. 

Quilt top finish #2: Alpine Mountains.  This is a wedding gift and has a deadline of June-- I'm on track!!  This turned out great-- the picture isn't doing it justice.  It is all batiks and they a lend depth and richness that you don't get from traditional fabrics. I'm really looking forward to quilting this up and having a completed quilt. I think when the weather is nice and I do a photo shoot outdoors, it will really shine.



With 2 finishes, that means I can start 2 new projects, right?? =)  I am participating in the Chocolatier Block of the Month and it starts in 2 weeks.  There is another wedding late summer and I want to make a quilt for that.  I'm hoping to get started on it at my Super Most Awesome Retreat next week (wouldn't it be lovely to piece an entire top at retreat?!?!).  And I am going to make 2 more Norway Flag quilts.  I've been cutting 10 billion red and blue squares in anticipation of those.  So/Sew much going on!! 

xoxo,
Kristin

ps
Linking up with: Oh Scrap! and Let's Bee Sewcial

4 comments:

  1. TWO lovely finishes. Way to go! I think you should celebrate by starting three quilts.

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing two beautiful quilt tops! Yep you can start a new quilt now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mountains and trees are just the best! Congrats on getting TWO pieces so far along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll!! Love these quilts!

    ReplyDelete