Sunday, March 4, 2018

Scrap Happy Sampler + New Baby Quilts

Do I need another new project? No.  Does that matter? No!!
I'm starting a few more quilts! Woooooot!


One of my local quilt shops (Blue Bar Quilts) is offering a block of the month series of classes/get togethers to make this quilt: Scrap Happy Sampler

Normally wouldn't say I'm a big fan of samplers, but this looks like a lot of fun and a great way to use my bright scraps-- of which I always seem to have oodles of.  Here are a portion of what I've cut into for the first block.

I bought several yards of this Wilmington Criss Cross to use as my background.


In addition to starting the sampler, I'm starting two new baby quilts. I've wanted to do a plus quilt for ages and it seems like a great way to make something quick, but still graphic and interesting.  This is for some local friends that are expecting their first baby.  They are letting the gender be a surprise and are decorating the baby room in grey and white.  I have been making a ton of quilts with these colors and have a lot of left over hunks and chunks, so this is a great way to use up those bits.  After the black/white/grey quilt, I'm going to do another plus, but with rainbow/bright fabrics.  There are babies everywhere!


xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall MondaysLorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt that Sampler is going to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sampler looks fun and the colors are so cheerful--of course you had to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bright happy fabrics are going to be a wonderful sampler quilt. Very pretty!

    Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun pile of bright fabrics for the sampler quilt! They will really pop on the gray background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who can blame you for joining in that sampler quilt along? Those are some fun looking blocks! Love your fabrics for this. And your plus quilt looks fantastic too. What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sampler, and love your bright fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristin,
    It is always so much fun to start new projects . . . oh, the possibilities. I have wanted to make a plus quilt and your baby quilt looks like it will be just perfect for mom and baby! I am in Wisconsin, too (Sturtevant near Racine) and haven't visited that quilt shop. I'm going to check it out for my next road trip. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Start away sister. Love everything you are starting - it is so bright and beautiful, my keyboard is covered in drool :-D

    ReplyDelete