Sunday, February 11, 2018

On Ringo Lake -- almost there!

My On Ringo Lake quilt is chugging along like the little engine that could.  I'm determined to get this top together before I shift my focus to another project, because I (for sure) don't need another UFO!! But let me tell you-- this is a challenge for me! So.Many.Pieces!!!


I finished my blocks this week and put them up on the design wall for the first time.  That was exciting!


At this point, I was struggling to figure out the on point layout.  The math wasn't working out.  Well-- there is a good reason why!  I made 2 extra blocks on accident!  Oops!  Those will probably find their way to the back.

After getting the blocks arranged, I dove into the sashing.  Normally sashing is easy-peasy, not this one! =O  WOW-- I need to pay close attention.  Every other block, the units need to be flipped.  So far I've done a little ripping (not too much), but my brain is working hard!

I'm in the home stretch.  Just a few more sashing strips and then the setting triangles to go before the rows can go together. This quilt has become too big for my design wall! I need to sew some sections together to free up some space.   Wish me luck in getting this top finished.

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Oh Scrap, Design Wall Mondays, Let's be Sewcial and Bonnie's final On Ringo Lake linkup.

7 comments:

  1. it is looking great so far. Stick with it and soon you will have it all together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! It really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making good progress. LOVE your pops of orange, pink, and yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting the blocks done. I will have to get back to mine someday. I think I have 15 blocks done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colors! Just keep clicking along. You are making great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great. The yellow in your quilt brings in so much light and sparkle. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ORL colors are great! You're on the home stretch. Go, Kristin, go!

    ReplyDelete