Sunday, October 15, 2017

Another rainy Saturday-- Hooray!!!

Wisconsin has been stuck in a cool, rainy weather pattern for what seems like forever-- and I'm not complaining!  What better weather to spend all day in your sewing room??!??  I took advantage of my Saturday to piece more backs and work on some UFO's and even tidy up some!

Next weekend I'm planning to quilt both of my bright scrappy charity quilts.  Last weekend I pieced one backing and yesterday I finished the second back.  Some of the chunks of fabric are leftover from other quilt backs and some of the fabric I bought for a song (Thank you, Thousands of Bolts!).


As long as I was prepping for quilting, I needed a back for Galaxy of Stars. I bought a bunch of bright blue from Thousands of Bolts.  I don't recall if I was planning on using it for this quilt, but it is perfect-- except for the amount.  I'm short about 8-10" width-wise.  I pieced the 4 (?) yards together and I'm ready to add in strip of red to make it wide enough. This is the first time I'm looking at this quilt "not on the design wall" and I'm loving it even more!


Lastly-- I *almost* finished my Legendary top.  One-More-Seam!!!


But I was out of energy by this point.  And I made the executive decision that my iron has run it's course and needs to be replaced.  It's been hobbling along for over a year.  It doesn't like to turn on when I want it to, the steam burst button stays in the down position and it is peeing out water faster than I can iron.  😡  Amazon to the rescue!  I picked out another Rowenta and I hope we have a long life together.


xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Mondays and Lorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

9 comments:

  1. Your Galaxy of Stars is beautiful! It is always such a good feeling to move a top along to the quilting stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright scrappy backing. What fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Galaxy, the variety of sizes and the switching of red and blue centers and points. It really sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some quilting marathons ahead of you soon! Thanks for sharing your fun quilt tops with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Galaxy of stars is gorgeous! And so much sewing in those trees! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The star quilt is especially pretty. But the tree quilt made me smile. I love a whimsical quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My iron needs replacing-the new one looks great! I love rainy days too-pefect weather to spend the day quilting. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress! The star quilt is really nice. I have an Oliso iron I bought from MassDrop. I am pretty happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Legendary quilt! Very, very fun. Hope you have your new iron and can stitch happy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete