Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Spring has Sprung!

March in Wisconsin came in like a lion with a cold, snowy winter storm and most of the month has been chilly, windy and wet.  Yesterday was a much needed change!  It was nearly 60 degrees and mostly sunny-- positively delightful! (We won't mention that today is overcast with 50% chance of rain and the same forecast for a few days...)

I spent the beautiful spring day at Lutherdale attending the Gala Luncheon-- the event they host to thank all of the people that make and donate quilts to the August Quilt Auction fundraiser.  This is the third year I've attended and each time I've spoken to the group (184 people!!!) to explain the block we would like each person to make and send back to the camp.  This year's pattern is a variation of the Village quilt pattern. A few of us will return to camp in May to assemble the top (cannot wait!!)

Here is a picture from the stage:

After lunch (absolutely delicious!), they had a speaker from the Wisconsin Quilt Museum and she brought a trunk show of antique quilts.  The newest was 1945 and the oldest was early 1800's! 

In other news-- I started to hang mini quilts up in my sewing room.  This was part of the plan from day one, it just took a while!  I have a few more to hang but ran out of the command clear cord clip things I use to hang them.


And in sewing news-- I've been making slow progress on a pink/grey thousand pyramid quilt.  All of the triangles are sewed into pairs.  


I'm hoping that March can go out like a lamb.  I really enjoyed that sunny warm weather!

xoxo
Kristin

Linking up with Let's Be Social at Sew Fresh Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Those pinks and greys look great, and I love your little mini wall!

    ReplyDelete