Monday, January 9, 2017

What's under my needle and on my design wall?

I've been a busy quilter lately and have all kinds of things to report on!

My lion quilt top is complete!!!!  I absolutely love how it turned out and can't wait for it to be quilted! This went together quickly.  Probably because I was rather obsessed and was working on it in most every spare moment. What is hard to convey in the photo is the size-- 60" x 60".  It's practically as tall as me! I'm hoping to enter this at Quilt Expo this year! ☺


Over Christmas, I added the borders and quilted my Strawberry Quilt. I'm making this as a donation to Lutherdale's annual quilt auction.  It seems perfect for a little girl to take naps under, play picnic on top of and just to decorate a room! Hopefully it gets a high bid!  Just a little bit of binding left before this is complete.  I'll see if I can get better pictures at that point.

Now that the lion is off the design wall, I can use it for other things. I have another charity quilt I would like to finish up and send on it's way.  I assembled the top 2 years ago? And it has been hibernating in my closet.  Instead of purchasing yardage for the backing, I've decided to purge my stash of fabrics I am not in love with anymore.  That is how the top started!! I had some fabrics that were taking up precious space, so I started making large nine-patched for a 'disappearing' quilt.  


The back is all improv with 2 orphan blocks.  It is about 75% complete. This quilt will be part of Mad City Quilt Guild's donations to Project Linus.


Lastly, I've started pulling fabric for a baby quilt.  I'm quite excited to get this started!



xoxo
Kristin

ps
linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts and Patchwork Times

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! The lion is amazing partly because of how awesome it looks and partly because I despise paper piecing. I love the fabrics you pulled for the baby quilt. It looks like you are off to a great start for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the lion in a local quilt shop and it is huge! Yours is just beautiful. I want to make one so badly, but really , really dislike paper piecing. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lion quilt is fantastic! I bet it will be a lot of fun to quilt.

    I have also taken to using fabrics I no longer love (but sometimes seem to have quite a bit of!) for backings...unless of course they are so ugly that I can't even put them there. Your disappearing 9 patch looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lion really is gorgeous!!! And good luck with your charity projects.

    ReplyDelete