Sunday, August 23, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching - Mini Style!

I've followed Kathy at Kathy's Quilts for quite a while now and she dedicates part of every Sunday to hand stitching and encourages everyone to slow down and relax with some hand work.  I work every Sunday at Urgent Care (doing X-Ray) and **sometimes** I'm able to sneak in some hand stitching.


Today I brought my mini challenge quilt that will be part of the Mad City Quilt Guild's booth at Quilt Expo.  [I canNOT wait for expo to start!!  I want to do some serious stash acquisition! =)  Seventeen more days before it starts!!!]

Hopefully I will have a photo of my mini to share by the end of the day.  It's due tomorrow, which is the start of the 2014-2015 year for my guild.  It's going to be a great one!!  Our scheduled speakers include Amanda Jean from Crazy Mom Quilts (LOVE her style!!), Laura Wasilowski, Lee Heinrich from Freshly Pieced, Chris Daly of Dye Candy and more!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your binding today... looks like you stitch binding the same way I do. Sounds like your guild program will be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I'm about 50% done, but the patients have needed my attention. Today is the first Packer Sunday game!! Woo-hoo!! It's only pre-season, but I'm hoping it brings a bit of calm to the clinic. =)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the slow Sunday stitching group. Looks like the Quilt Expo is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could join us and enjoy some slow stitches today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to come to your guild! Sounds like a great line up of speakers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you making good use of your down time!

    ReplyDelete