Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Stash

I haven't had much free time for sewing this week.  I have made up for it with shopping!! And attending guild meetings.  J
  • Monday : Madison Knitters Guild
  • Thursday : Madison Modern Quilt Guild
  • Friday : An Evening with Franklin Habit
  • Saturday : Knit-In (shopping only for me)
It's a pity that yesterday was National Quilting Day and I didn't sew a stitch.

I have plenty of additions to report to my fabric and yarn stashes:

These purchases were made at Stitcher's Crossing on Thursday.  One of the fat quarters is a Safari Moon print. 

Here are my pretties from Knit-in.  Caution-- I splurged!

This is from Hidden Valley Farm near Valders, WI. 
It is wool roving wrapped in silk.  The sample swatch was really different and intriguing! 
 
This yarn is from Shady Haven and is at least my 3rd purchase from them, if not my fourth?
They are located near Howards Grove, WI-- only about 10 miles from where I grew up!
The fiber is 100% alpaca and it is so incredibly soft!! I tried a colorway that is a little different for me.  I'm normally drawn to earth tones.
 

Lastly, is this Mohair from Bleating Heart Haven to go with the other skeins I won at my knitting guild meeting earlier this week.  I might make a color block shawl with them?
 
I did purchase a cute yarn ball/needles ornament and a scarf pattern, but I don't have photos.  I can't wait to dig into all of this knitting!  J

Linking up with Molli Sparkles and Sunday Stash.

1 comment:

  1. oh man, I have to say I'm kind of glad that I'm not much into knitting nowdays, that is such a can of worms shopping wise!! Given my fabric hoarding tendencies, I would not stop buying yarn until our beds are made of it!! I'm loving the oranges in your fabric stash <3

    ReplyDelete