Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another busy week!

Sew much going on! I've been like the tortoise this week-- Slow and steady. Nothing is 100% complete and I've added a few new things to my list of projects.
I'll start by showing off some shopping. I went to Hancock's last Friday and was able to use a Joann's coupon to get this sewing machine tote bag for 40% off. I've had my eye on the bag before, but wasn't sure if the dimensions were quite right for my machine. I still didn't know my machine base size, but figured if it wasn't right, I could return it. Good news-- it works! It's not a perfect match, but for $17 it is quite nice.

While there, they had Halloween fabric 75% off. I thought these skeletons were fabulous and would make a great scrub top that I could get away with year round. I'm an x-ray tech, so it doesn't get any better than this! Now if only my garment sewing skills could improve...



On the quilty front:
I finished piecing the In the Beginning wallhanging (mitered borders and all). Now it's in the queue to be quilted.
Funky Boxes are almost all together (I'll save a pic for when it's done). Bindings are on the quilts for Baby Emily and Big Sis Ella (again saving pics for later). Hopefully I can get the hand sewing done on the bindings in the next 2 weeks and register them as complete when I go to UFO club at Millhouse.
Last, but not least, Amy, Shelly and I got together Monday to sew and make some fun bags. Here are our results:
(left to right: Shelly, me, Amy)

1 comment:

  1. hi there!
    So, since I am new to blogging...what is a UFO? i see it everywhere.. I'm guessing unfinished something or other...love those bags!

    ReplyDelete