Monday, October 20, 2008

Star BOM #6



Well, block 6 is done, but it was a bit of a struggle. I don't know what was going on today, but nothing was working out. My rotary cutter was well past due for a new blade and I swapped it out this morning. The new blade cut like a breeze, but I kept making mistakes with cutting for the BOM. Wrong size, swerved away from the ruler, not square/trim again/still not square/trim again...what's going on??!!?? With all the problems I had cutting my pieces, I was ready to put to old one back in!

It took ages, but I finally I had everything cut out. The sewing went fine and the block turned out ok-- not my best work, but ok. Maybe I'll join the group that is going to remake this block? Actually, I don't think I want to revisit that cutting twilight zone again. To quote the UFO Club, "Done is good."

3 comments:

  1. Kristin, I like your color combination. You will have a great lookin quilt when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you wouldn't know it. It looks great. Your blocks are striking! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice block! it has a leathery look to it... very natural! love it.

    ReplyDelete