Sunday, July 29, 2018

Finish! Stars and Stripes

The parade of finishes that are making their way to Lutherdale's auction in August continues.

Here is the fun flag quilt we put together at the Gala assembly weekend.


I quilted it on my friend Jim's computerized machine on the 4th of July.  It doesn't get any more patriotic than that, does it?!? Here's the back and a closeup of the quilting:



This is my third finish for Q3 Finish-A-Long. Here is a link to my goals list.

The binding is never ending!  I worked on the Rainbow Plus Baby Quilt this morning at the car wash!  I need to take advantage of all of the opportunities I can!


Not part of Finish-A-Long, is this quilt.  My friend Anna pieced it and wasn't feeling it.  Her sister-in-law scooped it up and her brother quilted it.  (The same person that I quilted the Stars and Stripes and St Nick quilts with).  I did the binding and it is going to be part of Lutherdale's auction.  I'm pretty sure that Anna reads my blog, so this will be a test for her.  I don't know if anybody told her that we were sending it there.  =P



I have some super-duper sewing machine news to share.  I want to save that for it's own post, because it is just.that.good!!  =)

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Kathy and Slow Sunday Stitching

2 comments:

  1. Love that star and feather quilting on your patriotic quilt! The backing is like a modern art piece with the offset chunks like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flag quilt! Congrats on commemorating the day with the quilt itself. On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete