Sunday, April 1, 2018

Rainbow Plus Top - Complete!

It is always nice to advance a project to a milestone, even when the top is as simple as this one.


Next up for me-- find some time for quilting. I'm starting to accumulate quite a few tops: this one, the grey plus version, the pink/brown log cabin for Project Linus, my On Ringo Lake, Legendary-- and I'm sure there are more waiting to quilt!  I hope to accomplish some of this in the next few months.

I did some other sewing yesterday-- making progress on the different parts of my two Sew Portable Travel Sets.  I started these at the Super Most Awesome Retreat, but  had gotten stuck with assembling the bags.  The bulk was too much for my Featherweight.  I had to wait and borrow a friend's machine and even then, it was still difficult.  I broke one needle and bent another! =O

Here is the foot pedal bag:


The extension plate cover, with Finn modeling (it was Caturday, after all!)


And I made big progress on the totes.  This one is now looking like a bag!  Sewing those straps was a challenge.  I'm hoping I learned some lessons that can make the next one a bit easier. I quilted the panels on the orange one, but don't have a picture.


xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall MondaysLorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

1 comment:

  1. A plus quilt is on my to do list. Thanks for sharing yours with Oh Scrap! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete