Sunday, April 22, 2018

Little bits of this and that...

I've been doing a little bit of sewing here and there, but don't have a lot of progress to share. On Tuesday evening, I had my second class of my monthly Scrap Happy Sampler.  We made this 'maze' block.  It was a good opportunity to test out how accurate our 1/4" seams were.  Each log was a chance to validate how well you did! I loved it, because it keeps you honest!! =O


During the day on Tuesday, I attended the Lutherdale Gala Luncheon.  Once again (4th year!), I presented a block to the group.  They will make them and return them for us to assemble this spring.


The speaker for the day was Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams.  I know her from the Mad Mod Quilt Guild.  Everyone LOVED her! She has a contagious energy.


For a few months now, I've been using up scraps to make wonky log cabins as leader/enders.  I decided to throw a few up on the design wall and take a look at them.  There are about 10 in progress right now.  I plan to make each block about 12" square and I've settled on using about 1.5" strips(ish).  The goal is to make this at least twin sized and use a neutral sashing between the blocks.  It is so much fun!


And the last thing I have to share is pretty exciting--- I've hired a professional organizer to help me improve my sewing room.  It sure needs it! I can't wait to have my closet be more functional and to have fewer piles of stuff lying around.  We get started next Friday. Woot! Here are my "before" pictures.

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall MondaysLorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

3 comments:

  1. Your maze block looks like it cold have a bunch of challenges. I like to make those kinds of blocks just to test my skill. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have a professional help with your studio! I hope your "new" space makes it even more fun to make all these cool blocks :)

    ReplyDelete