Monday, December 11, 2017

On Ringo Lake - Clue #3

Clue #3 was released last Friday for On Ringo Lake,Quiltville's Mystery Quilt.  I wasn't even halfway done with Clue #2 and intended to stop working on those units and dive into the new units.  Nope-- I really wanted to finish #2.  I got close, but not quite all the way there.  To spice things up, I started feeding in a few of #3.  And by spice things up, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek!  Piecing these is an exercise in focus and dedication for me!! I am motivated by seeing my quilts take shape.  I like to assemble a block early on and work on a bit of this and a bit of that.  Making hundreds of units all at once-- not my normal style!


This song has been running through my head and it summarizes how I think I've been doing... Falling Slowly.  Because I'm sloooooowly falling behind.  But as I've just listened to it for the third time, it occurred to me that the first few lines are appropriate for this mystery, too.

   I don't know you
   But I want you
   All the more for that

I know that it is not a race and I have ages and ages to do my piecing, but I want to keep the momentum going each week.  Much of the cutting is done for Clue #3, but I haven't been keeping a tally like I did with #2.  I am just going to sew for a while and count as I go.

In other mystery quilt news, I got a few more fat quarters of fabric to mix in and add to the spectrum. Woot!



xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Bonnie's Mystery Monday PartyDesign Wall MondaysLet's be Sewcial and Oh Scrap!

6 comments:

  1. Your Ringo colors are So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally delicious blocks so far! Keep going... your quilt is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will get there! I just have to stop a while...too many things going on, and I don't "get" #4. Merry Christmas! -Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the variety of fabrics you've chosen to use in your On Ringo Lake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so easy to fall behind. My plan is to start on each clue as she puts them out, while I keep slipping in a few of the older clues. That way I can at least make one block when she puts out that clue. Looks like you've done the same. Good luck with clue 5.

    ReplyDelete