The first project I started with was to make a new sewing tool caddy. I made one of these many years ago and it was officially worn out! I used a Kim Shaefer fat quarter and added a binding to the top edge of the vinyl.
The next project was to make up a few scissor cozies and an earbud case. These are gifts for friends and take a deceptively long time to make. =)
Next up was adding sashing and borders to this baby quilt. I stitched the stripey/blue parts together as a leader ender last fall. (The original post about it is here.) I plan to donate this to Project Linus when it's complete.
Next up was to "finish" Mail Sack, a tote bag that I thought I had started a few years ago. Well-- I hadn't started it at all!! I just had the fabric and the pattern! I first made one for my mother in 2013 (I'm unable to find finished photos of it, but I know they exist!). This took me nearly an entire day!! There is an inset zipper pocket and some other pockets. Mad skills!
On Friday night, we had a drawing for raffle items. One member of the group solicited prizes from different companies and we were able to buy tickets with the proceeds going to the camp. I made out quite well!!!
The last project that I worked on was a new quilt! Woot! The pattern is Cluck Cluck Sew's Pow Pow and I'm using a fat quarter bundle of Kim Shaefer fabrics and Kona Coal for the background. I'm having some technical difficulties with this-- I won't go into the details right now.
Well-- this was part of the technical difficulties:
My 1/4" foot broke and the needle got lodged into the foot! Yucky!! I had another foot, but it had the "knife edge" and it isn't something I'm accustomed to using.
This is a long post with lots of pictures! I'll wrap up with some photos of others at the retreat with their quilt tops.
Anna and her jelly roll quilt
Mary and 2 tops she completed
I'm practically counting down the days until next year's retreat!!! =)