Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cancer Sucks.

It really does.  And I'm tired of it afflicting people I know and care about.  I made yet another quilt for a friend that is diagnosed with cancer. This is the littlest thing I can do to offer comfort and support and it was a joy to make. 

I had the help of some amazing friends and we cranked this quilt out in 5 days from start to finish.  FIVE DAYS!!!!!

We used a simple but fun pattern (Triplicate) from Jeni Baker's new book The Half Square Triangle. [witing this on my iPad and can't figure out how to do hyperlinks]. http://www.incolororder.com/




Jenn started a blog to journal what is going on and she wrote a post about our surprise for her.

I hope to win the lottery (didn't happen this week), but I also hope for a world free of cancer.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I agree. CANCER SUCKS. The quilt is fabulous - I wish love could cure it. But love does help at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking as a survivor, if you make it through this life without experiencing cancer yourself you have won the lottery! Your quilt is lovely and will surely give your friend a lift. I wish her well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer sucks. But quilty friends ROCK! And so does this sweet quilt. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift you and your friends have made for Jenn. I checked her blog and there's no doubt about it she loves it!
    As yet another cancer survivor, yes, cancer sucks. But good friends and loving family make dealing with going through the treatment so much easier.

    ReplyDelete