Mad City Quilt Guild's booth at Quilt Expo this week. I didn't meet the goal, but I am almost there with a nearly completed top. I've been sneaking in bits of cutting and sewing into every day and it's been fun! These wonky stars are a little ticky-tacky. Sew/press/trim/repeat. I love how they look, but they require more effort than one would think! This in progress step is a little bit ugly duckling-- it will be a swan with just a bit more sewing!! My next goal for this is to make sure it is 100% complete by August 24th, so I can hand it in at our next meeting. (I've been notoriously late with my entry in past years!)
Also under my needle this week is a "leftover" project. These are trimmings from Heather's Twirly Star quilt that she was going to toss out-- I intervened and said I would turn them into something. The pieces weren't uniform, but I didn't feel like squaring up. I just started sewing the triangles together into rectangles and then put the rectangles into rows. No plan, just sew them together as leader enders. It seems to be time to formulate a plan! I think I'll make a strippy baby or lap quilt out of them. This yellow/gold fabric from my stash seems to be a good complement for sashing. I auditioned a red with gold metallics and a red/purple stripe. Neither one worked. Hopefully the lack of squaring up won't cause too much of a problem when I sew the rows together!
Lastly, I received a lovely little package in the mail from Massdrop this week. A Tula Pink fat quarter bundle!! I couldn't resist!
Linking up with Molli Sparkles, Sew Fresh Quilts and Patchwork Times.