Sunday, May 19, 2019

Spring 2019 catch up

So much has been going on sewing-wise, but I haven't found the time to blog about it.  Life seems to be a bit of a blur right about now.  And then, the further behind I've gotten in updates, the more daunting the task has become to catch up.  I'll try to dive right in and journal about some of what I've been doing for the past few months....

I've been chipping away at some of my eternal projects.  These are things that don't necessarily have a fully flushed out plan, but are a way to use up scraps and keep me entertained with something different in between bigger projects.

Diamond Log Cabin


I've finished up all the center blocks and decided to make the next ring more orange than yellow.  I have about 6 of them in progress.  I think each block has 18? pieces.  They are tedious for sure!

Wild and Goosey



Also tedious!  I swear I have more than this completed, but I don't seem to have a picture.

Scrappy Log Cabins



These are fun!  I'm taking bigger strips and sewing wonky style.  The scrap pile really doesn't seem to shrink, despite my best efforts.  I think I'll keep making these until I have at least a twin sized quilt.  Each block will finish 12"

Corduroy Totes




I was given 5 yards of red corduroy and 5 yards of black--that's a LOT of corduroy!! Several years ago made a version of a little J. Crew tote bag I had for years and thought that would be a good use for this fabric. With one width of fabric cut, I can make 3 bags. There is enough fabric to make 30 bags!!! That is a lofty goal and I will likely get bored with making these before too long. Lutherdale is having a 'Tiny Treasures' tent at their auction and all items are $25 or less. I thought this might be a good thing to sell there? They did turn out super cute, if I do say so myself! =)


Zippy Pouches




The last thing I'll share today are a few zippy pouches I whipped together a few weeks ago.  The last one is from a hunk of leftover corduroy.

I'll share more about my quilty progress in separate posts.  I have lots of good stuff, including finishes!!

xoxo,
Kristin

ps
Linking up with: Oh Scrap! and Let's Bee Sewcial

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about getting behind on blogging and then feeling overwhelmed trying to catch up. Your many projects are all so bright and cheerful! I'm sure the corduroy bags will be a big hit at Tiny Treasures :)

    ReplyDelete