Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas + 200 Posts!!! Oh my!!

Merry Christmas!!!

It's been a busy start to winter for me and there hasn't been nearly enough time spent sewing.  I hope to remedy that in January and do a lot of creating.  Who knows... maybe even finishing some things!!

For the first time in many years, I've gone all out and decorated my home for Christmas and I'm hosting a family dinner today.  I can't wait!


Did you see what was in the title of my post?  TWO HUNDRED BLOG POSTS??!!? What?!? How did that happen?  I'm not always the most consistent blogger, but I absolutely love having a journal of my work and adventures.  And being able to connect with friends, family and other quilters around the world is a wonderful bonus! I started blogging in December of 2007 and quilting in September of 1998.  It's my 20th year of quilting!!! There aren't enough exclamation points to go around!

To celebrate this big event, I'm going to have my first ever giveaway!  Of course I have nothing prepared....that's so me!  After a bit of thought, I've decided that due to my love of scraps and how much I enjoy making zippy pouches, that I will make a zippy pouch and fill it with 2" squares and send it off to the lucky winner.  Please leave a comment.  I would love to hear how you found me and if you have been a reader for a while.  I'll draw a winner on New Year's Day.

Now let's get to the quilty part of my post--  I've been working hard to finish up my Scrap Happy Sampler top.  The wedge border has been a doozy.  Lots of trimming and digging through my scraps to get a wide variety fabrics. It's getting there!! We aren't going to talk about that spinny square block on the left.  Nope.  Not talking about it!! =O  I would be absolutely delighted if I could have this all together by the New Year.  Not a bad goal!



Have a Very Merry Christmas!!

From Fannie--

 And Finny--

And me!

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with 2 of my favorite linky parties: Oh Scrap! and Let's Bee Sewcial

6 comments:

  1. That is quite the occasion - hosting a gathering and having 200 posts! Congratulations. I am a fairly new reader, and I don't remember how I found you - probably recommended by Bloglovin, or maybe from one of the linkups - I follow a lot of the same ones you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays to you, Kristin! Love the photos of the fur kids :) I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I know I immediately started following you via email and always enjoy your posts. May you have 200 more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you in a sweat shop. What’s what’s up with the spinning square?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and your work is so beautiful. Kristen has been my life coach for many years and I utilize her skills often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I just found you today! Thanks for telling me. I'm going to go back and read everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mad Mod quilt guild threw us together. Good job on 200 posts

    ReplyDelete