Monday, May 28, 2018

Summer-- Finally!

This has been one of the craziest springs I've ever experienced.  We had a huge set of snow storms in mid-April and now it is Memorial Day Weekend and we have record breaking temperatures-- 3 days over 90 degrees!  Wha??!?? Normally we don't hit 90 until July.

Here is the last snowstorm in April:

And now I'm scurrying to get my garden planted.  The beds had a bumper crop of weeds going on. It was rewarding to clean them up and add a new mix of compost/peat moss/vermiculite to top them off.

Saturday I rototilled the area beyond the beds.  This is where I plant corn and sunflowers. Fannie is inspecting the pile of dirt I added.


And new this year-- I'm trying straw bales! We shall see how those turn out!


With all of this gardening, I barely have any time or energy left for quilting. --sad face--

I have just a tiny bit of quilty news to share.

I'm working on my Scrap Happy Sampler and at this month's Late Night Sew Night at Blue Bar Quilts, I got a good start on the applique stitching. Aren't these fun??!??





And lastly-- My On Ringo Lake mystery quilt won a prize at our last Mad City Quilt Guild meeting of the season.  Woot!! We had 'challenge' fabric that we bought in the fall and we showed off completed projects in May. Members voted for our favorites and I got a gift card to a local quilt shop. So cool!!! The fabric was a yellow/orange batik and fit right in with my fruit cocktail of colors! 


xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall MondaysLorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

3 comments: