Sunday, May 13, 2018

On Ringo Lake - Quilted

I made big progress on my On Ringo Lake - Quiltville Mystery Quilt this weekend.  Hooray!  I took it to my parent's house to quilt it and quilt it, I did.  The process was a little bumpy at times.  The longarm can have a mind of it's own and the more you want to finish something, the more it acts up! =(

Here is a picture of part of the top draped over the frame pre-quilting.


I selected a pantograph that is somewhat simple and had a breezy feel that matched the quilt.  Here is a close up of the back and you can see the panto in the background.


And here is a picture of some of my trouble!  Ack!  Apparently the presser foot and its lever have become 'finnicky'.  If the foot isn't completely settled in, the tension goes off.  This happened about 4x while quilting--DOH!!  It was definitely pushing my patience.


We frog stitched way more than I like to-- rip it.  rip it.  =(


BUT IT IS DONE! The weather has been rather frightful lately.  I'm pretty sure I missed summer.  I think it was on a Sunday 2 weeks ago and I was working that day.  Due to wind, rain and cold, I didn't get any nice pictures.  They will have to wait until after the binding is done.


xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Lorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

9 comments:

  1. One step away from a completed quilt. Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful! I love your colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bright quilt. My eye is led all around to all around the quilt. I am still working on mine. Hope it looks as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so lovely! I'm sorry you had to frog it a bit, but the results are totally worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the variety of colors in your quilt, much more interesting to look at than some Ringo Lake ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is just beautiful. I love all the colours. I hope you get summer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tension issue must have been frustrating, but you persevered and now your quilt is done! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt, and you are so lucky to have a long-arm in hand. And now my favorite part, the binding!

    ReplyDelete