Sunday, February 18, 2018

New Featherweight!

It was bound to happen sooner or later-- I added another Featherweight to my fleet of machines.


If you are wondering how many machines you need-- the answer is "one more"! 😊

I've been hoping to stumble across a machine for a good price.  There was one at an estate sale 2 years ago that was very tempting.  They were having a silent auction and I did not bid aggressively.  Oh well-- it wasn't meant to be.

Yesterday, the Mad Mod Guild was having a "De-stash Sale".  Basically a time for everyone to purge things from their collections that can be put to use by other fellow quilters.  I picked up a few things- fat quarters, patterns, tins.  Not too much (except for the machine!!!)

This machine, which is in pristine condition, belonged to the grandmother of a fellow member.  She inherited it, but really hasn't used it and was willing to part with it.  Her grandmother's name was Selma, so that is what I'm naming the machine!  It is from 1948 and has the original receipt and all kinds of other original things, including the motor lube (yikes!)!

I'm thinking that I might have one featherweight setup in my house to use and another one packed in a 'to go' bag.  I just placed an order with the Featherweight Shop for all kinds of goodies that will make her a joy to sew with.  Did you know they are making LED bulbs for Featherweights-- posh!

In Quiltville Mystery news... the end is in sight for this top! I've got the setting triangles started. I'm actually a bit further along than this, but don't have a current photo.  I would be thrilled if I can complete this top this week.


xoxo,
Kristin

3 comments:

  1. Great score on the Featherweight! I keep mine in a rolling toolbox with everything I need to sew at a friend's house, class, etc. The old man at Home Depot that asked me what I was buying a rolling toolbox for was quite surprised when I informed him it was a mobile sewing station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on scoring another FW. And at a guild meeting. I bought my LED bulbs on EBay for all of my vintage Singer sewing machines. They do make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. COngrats on your addition to the herd! And a sparkly featherweight at that! So exciting! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete