Sunday, February 25, 2018

Midnight Star - Top finished!



I started this quilt in late October, but had pulled the fabrics for it 10 months earlier! It was going together quickly, but I got stuck with some of the smaller stars. I wasn't thrilled with the fabrics and wanted to replace them.  While pondering replacements, the Quiltville Mystery started up and this project got put on the back burner.  I brought it to my January Retreat and with help from my friends, picked replacement fabrics and sewed all but 2 seams together.  I just needed about 1 more hour and I could have had the top done!  Oh well-- I brought it to Late Night Sew Night at Blue Bar Quilts this weekend and --TaDaaaa!  I have no idea how to quilt this or what to do with it when it is complete.  But for now, I'm just happy that the top is done.

Speaking of On Ringo Lake... One.More.Seam!!!!!  I cannot wait to also call this top complete.  It has consumed much of my winter sewing this year and I'm most definitely ready for a change of pace.


I've already got a start on my next quilt.  It is going to be simple and quick and rewarding! Friends are expecting their first child.  They don't know the gender and are decorating the baby room in grey and white.  I have a lot of black/white prints and oodles of greys.  It's time to make a quilt that I've wanted to do for aaaaages-- a plus quilt! I did a fabric pull, but didn't snap a picture.  Next time I will have something to share. Who knows... maybe the completed top??!?

xoxo,
Kristin

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall MondaysLorna's Let's bee Sewcial and Cynthia's  Oh Scrap!!

7 comments:

  1. Two tops across the finish line! Great job.

    I was just discussing with a friend today that it might be time for another plus quilt. Looking forward to seeing yours. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My seam ripper and I need to spend some time together before my On Ringo Lake can be a completed top. Your two tops are beautiful! I love the colors in Midnight Star. After making ORL, it will be nice to do a quick and easy quilt. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like your midnight star!!! What ever fabrics you replaced.... they are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both wonderful! I love the fabrics in your Midnight Star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I was congratulating you on getting your blocks done, and you've done quite a bit more. Love your brighter coral/melons - they really make the quilt sparkle. A plus quilt is on my list of quilts to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your star quilts. Do you use any pattern for that?

    ReplyDelete